The worst part of all is that this did not completely fill our tank. It got us mostly there, but it could have taken a bit more. Thankfully that tank lasted us a little over 400 miles, which is really great. We are averaging about 13-14 mpg. It's about one mpg less than last trip because we are running two air conditioning units. And if we don't watch the temp setting on that thing, we will FREEZE!
We played with a band two nights ago who had an RV that was 6 feet longer than ours. They had a gas engine (we have diesel) and they said that they were averaging 6 mpg. So I am thankful for our big turbo diesel RV, Aslan.
I am playing drums this tour. I have never played drums on tour. I get the feeling it is going to get wild. I get such a rush just playing guitar, so I can only imagine what is going to happen when I am hitting things as hard as I can! I stood on my kick drum and threw a cymbal stand at Andrew at the tour kickoff show. The stand broke.
We hung out in Tallahassee, FL all day yesterday. We hung out with a group of lovely ladies who were nice enough to show us a great time there, complete with pool party, good Mexican food, a haircut, a house show, and basket casing (a video that demonstrates this will be posted later).
We are driving into Texas. We are about 100 miles out of Houston. Texas is a a great place. I always have the best time here. I plan on eating good Mexican and BBQ, getting a few unexplainable bruises, breaking another cymbal stand, and riding a bull for more than 8 seconds.

No comments:
Post a Comment