It has been almost a year since my last post. I cannot imagine writing out the events of an entire year, so I will give you the abridged version.
Paint Me Irrational completed a great summer tour and we had a great time with everyone. Shortly after, the band broke up. We had a great run and I am really glad I had the opportunity to play with those guys. We have stayed great friends and I am proud of the album we wrote, the shows we played, and the year of touring we survived.
(why in the world I did not smile for this picture, I have no idea)
I joined my friends in Rookie of the Year and we did an unbelievable full European tour with Mae. It was pandemonium from start to finish. There are stories I will never tell and stories I will tell over and over...and over...and over. Touring Europe was on my bucket list and I happily crossed it off and immediately wrote it in again.
I spent the rest of this year leading worship for the college ministry I work with. We have done tons of cool things and I have dumped hundreds and hundreds of hours into it. I am thankful for the experience leading worship because I know it will play into what God has planned for me next.
In April, I started writing songs with a hard rock band called Submission Red. I am currently in California recording their sophomore with them. It has been great being in Los Angeles, visiting Las Vegas, and spending a lot of time in the Mojave Desert. I have always loved the desert. I have hiked, jogged, and walked as far as I can go around here! I love that the desert never seems to end.
I have a few things coming up when I get home that I am very excited about. I will continue to work with Submission Red for a while. The album is shaping up to be very solid. But Chris and I are going to continue to pursue some musical opportunities in recording and praise and worship. Stay glued here and I will keep you updated!







Glad to see you up and blogging again. The new header picture is very quaint. I like it
ReplyDeleteThanks, bud! Glad to see you writing as well! See you soon.
ReplyDelete