Our kickoff show for this tour was in my hometown of Gainesville, FL. It was amazing. So many of my friends and family came out and we sold out the venue! Aside from the intense heat of the venue, the show itself was one of our best.
Merch sales were good and food was cheap, thanks to Subway being right next door. Those things are both awesome. God takes such good care of us.
I had picked up a Gibson Nighthawk at the Gibson Showroom right before we left for tour. I didn't even plug it in. It was light and looked good, so I said, "Yeah, load that one up -- I'll take it." Best decision ever.
I usually use a lighter Les Paul Standard for the first part of the set when Ryan's playing guitar too. Then when he switches to piano, I play a heavier Custom Goldtop, which has a much denser tone. But the Nighthawk just fit. I know it doesn't make much sense to most people to leave a Goldtop at home and use a Nighthawk, but ya gotta do what feels right.
So we're on the road to Atlanta to play a festival. There will be a hotel, food, and a green room. These are all good things. We stopped for a couple hours last night and slept. Our van is so set up for it, so it's nice. I prefer the van to a hotel, except the van doesn't have showers.
It's exciting to be back on the road. But with every awesome thing in life, there are hard parts, like saying goodbye to my best friends, Mom, Achsah, and Joanna last night. So I'm glad we'll be touring through Florida again in exactly a month! Until then, it's one day at a time or rock and roll!
:) I miss my best friend, too!
ReplyDelete