Friday, January 14, 2011

1/14/2010

Last night was a good time in Jacksonville. We had a couple familiar faces show up, which was cool. We sold some CDs, which is good because we are generally working off door deals and merch. The tour was booked very last minute. That means not a lot of guarantees (where the venue guarantees a certain amount of money to cover expenses. So essentially, we are hustling CDs to pay gas and food. 

We had people bring a lot of food and snacks and stuff and that was amazing! We are stocked with snacks, water, Coke, and sandwich stuff to get through tour. AND my favorite: Special K Fruit Crisps, Strawberry, 10-Count Bars (Pack of 6). All good things! 

First night in the RV was good. We were watching TV and Chris and I smelled some electrical getting hot. I shut the whole breaker box down for the living area and it went away. We checked the sound system amps, power inverters, and batteries. Nothing was hot. I am going to track it down though. That will get remedied today. I think there is too much running off one outlet, so I will reroute some stuff. And have our fire extinguisher handy. Other than that, the beds were comfortable. We left the RV running and it kept it toasty inside, despite it getting down to 18 degrees outside. 

We filled up and I had a little trepidation about our gas mileage. We are loaded down with all the equipment, food, luggage, plus the box we built on the back, and five people. Plus, we idled for 7 hours in a rest area to sleep. But we filled up and we got 14 mpg with that tank. That was definitely a welcome surprise.

I already ripped a chunk out of the side of my hand playing last night. Those Telecasters have sharp bridges. So I did my normal routine of bleeding all over my guitar. It was a just a little early in tour for that. Usually I get through a few dates before I start ripping myself to pieces. Stellar. 

We saw our first bit of snow. First bit of a LOT of snow. House party tonight! 

Buy this: 










Twitter: steviebenz
Facebook: facebook.com/steviebenz

No comments:

Post a Comment