Sunday, January 30, 2011

1/30/2011

So, South Florida is the worst. Yup. Nothing else to be said there. Luckily, our friends from New Jersey are following the whole Florida leg of the tour and we met up with one of my friends there after the show and we had an awesome time walking the Fort Lauderdale beach.

But, Tampa last night was the BEST! Thanks to all our friends who showed up, then Ironwood who played there and brought out a bunch of people! We had a great time. The show last night was ridiculous and I got pretty crazy with my guitar. The crowd was loud and rowdy and the response was great!

After that, we went to Lakeland and stayed the night with our friend Brandon, who is the best dude ever. He just happens to have the best house for a party/show and we are already dreaming up grandiose plans for late February. That, of course, led to a late night and Steak n Shake.

I think Steak n Shake was specifically made for touring musicians. But it is a toss up. I have a divided heart. Steak n Shake or Denny's? How do you decide? Those are pretty much our late night options because we are too big to fit through a drive-through. We can't fit in parking garages, either. This does pose some ridiculous problems.

The video blog of the tour is almost done. I have some funny stuff from just daily tour life on there and some live clips. We always try to get the most out of the live performances with video, but sometimes it's a little hard. I use my laptop to capture video, but I'm worried about it getting destroyed. I always have to keep it as far as I possibly can and still get a decent shot! But hopefully there is some good stuff and you will enjoy it!

Tonight is wrapping up our tour in Gainesville, FL at Backstage Lounge. If you are in the area, please come out around 8 pm and have a good time with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment