Thursday, January 27, 2011

1/26/2011



Texas. I love Texas. I love barbecue. I love the unending fields and highways. I love the how the sun sits in the sky here. I love the crowds. The energy at shows here makes me so hyped. I feel like I need to apologize to my guitar for the fury I unleash on it every night. 

We got into Texas yesterday. It was a good day! We ate some great Tex-Mex with Joe's friends then went into town. We checked out the town's library and got some Starbucks (thanks to our friend Tara who hooked us up with a gift card!). While that was going down, we got some good news that a radio station in Greenville, SC was picking up "Every Empty Inch" for rotation (thanks to our friend Tausha there!). Then to top it off, I got an email from our booking agent saying that he was getting us some nationwide routing for March and April. I am really happy about all that! 

The venue double booked last night, so about 7 bands showed up to load in. That made for a fun and very hectic night! The crowd loved it and we did well with selling merch and getting the crowd rowdy. We got out of there around 2:30 am and hit up a McDonalds which had exquisite side salads and spicy chicken sandwiches. Then we stayed up far too late, talking and then I made the guys register with ASCAP to make sure we are getting our royalties when radio stations start playing our stuff. 

Now we are in San Antonio. We played a venue called Zombies. It was one of those "horror movie" bars, which if you know me, you know I HATE horror movies. But regardless, we rocked out and played a good show! We had a lot of fun and that is what matters. Good stuff! See ya again soon, Texas! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm telling ya, y'all need to move to Texas :)

    It was fun meeting you and Chris and seeing the other guys again. Glad y'all came through; y'all are welcome to crash here anytime.

    Hope the rest of the tour goes splendidly!

    - Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! It was really nice meeting you too!

    ReplyDelete