We had the best day off yesterday. The Almost and crew met up with us in Columbus,OH and we went out to a tiny little place with acoustic music. It was called The Treehouse because it literally had a tree growing in the main room. We hung out in the bus until 5 am having the best time ever. We got going the next morning at the crack of noon and went to Cracker Barrel. We got the "celebrity discount" and everything was half off which was awesome! Then we went and saw The City, which was a great movie. I felt a little conflicted at the end, but it was good overall.
The food in Columbus is where it is at. We had dinner at Buca di Beppo. That was a true Food Network experience: fried calamari, penne pasta with shrimp, some type of salad I cannot recall the name of (but it was awesome!), chicken parmagiano, and a glass of merlot to top it off! That was delicious. I did not think it could get any better. But it did.
The next place was also featured on the Food Network: Jeni's Ice Cream. Where else can you enjoy sweet corn ice cream? Or celery ice cream with bourbon soaked raisins? Or my personal favorite: goat cheese ice cream? I also had cayenne chocolate ice cream. It was such a weird combination. The sweetness of the chocolate, the cold ice cream, and the spicy cayenne pepper hitting right after! Amazing.
Tonight was a great show in Vincennes, IN. My friend Maggie was there with a couple friends and we got to celebrate her birthday. We had a lot of fun! Then when we were packing up, all the power in as much of the city as we could see went completely out. It was the most creepy thing I have experienced on tour. I felt like the zombie apocalypse was starting. We packed up and got out of there quickly!
I have had the opportunity to experience so many incredible things all over the country on tour. I want to experience and see everything, I guess. I am so thankful to God that I am here. Driving across the country again. Taking it all in.
No comments:
Post a Comment