Tuesday, October 12, 2010

10/12/2010

I spent yesterday in New York City. It is such an amazing place. I enjoyed it thoroughly. It was a great experience to see one of the greatest cities in the country.

From Central Park, looking back at the city

I could live there, if it was not for the winters. I hate being cold. So Los Angeles would be a better fit for me as far as living. But I get the feeling New York will find its own special place in my heart. So many people, so many things going on, so much to do. 

We are in New Jersey...again. We are playing here somewhere tonight. That should be good. Another acoustic show. My friend Allen heard we were doing an acoustic show in Gainesville, where he lives. He was very excited. He loves that whole acoustic thing more than anyone I know. I am happy we are doing an acoustic show in Gainesville for that reason and that reason alone. When I got the show offer, that was pretty much what made me go for it. 

I am ready to get back in the studio as soon as possible. I will be working with a band called Paint Me Irrational in November and December. They are one motivated group. With the right connections and a little push, I think they could be huge. 

With December and the end of Between the Trees looming on the horizon, I am starting to put things in place for what I am going to do next. I want to develop and produce bands. I want to record. I want to market. I want to network like a madman. I want to tour. Essentially, I want to be a record label and a band. Labels are becoming more and more obsolete outside of the top 40 realm. It is not worth it for a younger, smaller band to have a label. There is nothing a label can do for a smaller band that I cannot do for myself with determination, hard work, and a touch of charisma. 

I had such a crash course in the business the last two years. I am thankful for that! It is going to help here soon! I will not even have a break between my last shows with Between the Trees and some cool things that are on the horizon. God  provides work.

On a final note, I am listening to Oasis all the time. I love every album. That is all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment