I am obsessed with The Buried Life. I think it is a big part of my life wrapped up in a tv show. Doing everything you wanted to do just because you knew you only had one life to live. The "bucket list" concept. No one wants to get to the end of their life only to realize that they never truly lived.
The problem I have found with my bucket list is that it keeps getting longer. With everything I cross off, I add 2 more. The whole "quit my job and tour with a rock band" covered a lot of the items on my list somehow or another. I have seen the whole country a couple times, lived in a van, camped on Lake Tahoe, played on hundreds of stages, met thousands of people, played on tv, radio, internet, etc. But the more I do, the more I realize I want to do. I have some items that are related to music, some that are not.
I have hatched a concept to cross off as many items on the list as I can, while touring with a rock band. But not just my bucket list. The band as a whole. Everyone makes a bucket list, everyone contributes to making each other's bucket list a success. And play rock and roll in between. That would make for some cool blog entries and more than a few funny videos. Sweet, huh?
Obviously, if you have seen The Buried Life, this concept of documenting a bucket list is not a new one. I am not plagiarizing. I know where this foundational concept came from. Directly or indirectly, all our best ideas are somebody else's best ideas.
We have made it through the past couple shows well. My caffeine headache has subsided mostly. I have noticed I am a little more energetic. That is always good. Nothing like Stevie with a little more energy! I am eating a lot of salads, good food, and lots and lots of water. We are up for show two in cold, gray Ohio today!
No comments:
Post a Comment