Friday, October 15, 2010

10/15/2010

Today I was back in New York City! It was great again! Today is seemed more like it is always depicted in movies: cold, windy, crowded. But that gave me a good excuse to go into a corner cafe and get some coffee! 

The show itself was great. We had a really cool group to play to. I had a miserable headache though, so that put a damper on it for me. But the view from where I was playing was pretty fantastic! 


I think my headache is due partially to me cutting out soft drinks from my diet. I cut it out because my abs have started to disappear, and I kind of freaked out. I know I do not get as much cardio as I should because there is no jumping around on stage for 45 minutes every night. There just does not seem to be any time to exercise on the road! It is a little frustrating. I walk every chance I get and do my push-ups and sit-ups every morning, but that is not really cardio. 

I got a new bass I am very excited about. I need a good solid bass and this one is much like the one I have wanted since I was a kid. It is a reissue of a 1957 Fender American P-Bass. Instead of the band trying to sell off the bass at the end of the year, I told the guys I would take the as partial pay for the tour and it would work out really well for everyone involved. This is a stock picture of it:

Sweet, huh?

I am going to be playing bass for the next touring project I am involved in, but it is still in the works and I am saving some of those savory details for later! 

Until then, the final Between the Trees shows have been scheduled and are posted on the Facebook site. Those are going to be a lot of fun and I am looking forward to seeing a bunch of people. I have been pleasantly surprised at some of the names popping up on the event sites! Cannot wait! 

1 comment: