We had a day off and a nice hotel in Iowa City last night. It was a nice to get a shower!
We had pizza at a local place by our hotel and apparently Jeremy and I got food poisoning. We both went to the hot tub after dinner. About 5 minutes after getting in, I started getting dizzy. So I got out and blacked out before I got to my towel and phone. I sat for about 5 more minutes, then got up and walked back to the room where I promptly discharged my dinner.
Jeremy was not so lucky. He blacked out too, but dropped his iPhone and broke the screen. It was a bad night.
Luckily, the beds were super comfy! I slept like a rock. We hung out in the van for a few hours after checking out. There was torrential rain and tornado warnings, so there was no bike riding. Ryan and Jeremy played video games, Josh got a beat-making app for his phone, and I mixed some for a youth group's praise and worship project I'm producing.
I used my new in-ear system tonight, so I'm excited about that! It's a sweet setup. It made our sound a lot tighter because I have Josh's click track in my mix. It helps so much!
If any band or musician thinks they're ok without playing with a click track live, you are wrong. Anyone who is on the level where you are trying get (making a living with music) will tell you the same. Just do it. If you are the caliber of musician that has any chance of making a living doing music, then it is not like it is that hard. If you are not that caliber of musician, then quit or get to that point. Quickly.
The show tonight was phenomenal! The crowd was crazy and at some points they sang so loudly that I could not hear Ryan! Everyone had a great time. Our merch table was mobbed after the show which is great for any touring band! God is good!
After that, we came out to a dead battery on the van. And the van just so happened to be parked in a narrow alley! So we pushed the van and trailer out so we could jumpstart it. Then we were out on the road again! Next stop: Wisconsin!
Other than that, I brewed a shot of espresso in the van and put it in chocolate milk. Boom: instant iced mocha!
No comments:
Post a Comment