Sunday, May 23, 2010

5/23/2010

Back in Florida! Definitely the funnest part of this tour. We had a day off with our families on the 20th, Tampa the 21st, and Orlando last night. The shows have been a lot of fun. We have had great crowds and all our friends and family here.

I never really understood why sound guys are so obnoxious and mean at first. The Florida shows have been ridiculous as far as the tech just being so rude when we meet them. Last night, the guy redeemed himself, which was great. But the sound guy in Tampa did not. And for the sound system they had, it was pretty weak sounding, not to mention the ridiculous feedback we had all night long onstage.

Regardless, I do not understand why they cannot just be nice. The point is to work together. I think a lot of the tension comes from sound techs who have not played live regularly. They do not understand why we need what we do, because they have not done it. I do wish everyone could just be nice.

Aside from the feedback, we had a blast in Tampa! Joanna drove me there with her friend Kayla. We walked around Ybor City for awhile. Then we got the frap type drinks at this crepe place and they were amazing. The place was empty, so we decided to just hang out and enjoy the A/C. Our server ended up talking to us for a long time and decided he liked us (or just reeeaaallly liked Kayla) and gave us crepes on the house. So good! It was such a fun day!

The hometown show last night was great! We had a good mix in the monitors and the sound out front was great from what everyone said. We played a really long set. I think we played every song I  knew! On one of the encore songs, the former keyboardist/percussionist Wes came out with a tambourine and rocked out. And on "White Lines, Red Lights," Bingham the former merch guy/manager/roadie/all-around band best friend came onstage and got the crowd hyped up. It was a blast. All our families came, so that was awesome too!

Now we are off to South Florida where the fans stare at you like cows stare at trains. We call it the "cattle-car show." I will have some friend there, so it will be fun! I am looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment