It amazes me how many people will just walk up to a stranger and ask for money. It also amazes me how idiotic the stories are. The best one so far is the guy who says he has zero dollars and is about to be very sick without his medicine. What makes it great was that he said all this from his new shiny Lincoln with a full tank of gas and the A/C on. Are you kidding me?
Aside from that, New Jersey was a good time! The crowd was rowdy, the venue made amazing food for us, and people hung out after the show and made us feel very encouraged about what we do every night. A girl even remembered from last tour how I was cold and actually gave me a Snuggie. But it is an x-ray Snuggie! It is black and has a white skeleton on it. What is funny is that it is proportional so all the bones are in the right place!
Now we are driving from New Jersey to Virginia. We are in Delaware and making good time! I am looking forward to the Virginia shows. My brother lives in D.C. so he will hopefully be able to make it to the show in Richmond. It will be great to see him. I think I see him more times a year now that I am touring than when I was in one steady place.
My sister, brother, and I share a common love for travel and moving around. I think we both share in wanting to see as much of the world and different cultures as we can. Tommy and I have both been all over the world, and while he is a few countries up on me in Asia and Africa, I am hopeful that I will be catching up with a couple tours we have in the works. We have really strong fan-bases in Italy, South Africa, Japan, Spain, and the United Kingdom. We want to hit those markets and get over there and play!
I will be seeing everyone as we make our way south! I miss my girl and family a lot (and our new dog Sunshine who I will be meeting!). I am so thankful to have them in my life to keep me grounded. My girl Joanna is a gem when it comes to my mini-bouts with getting really bummed out and being grumpy and down on myself. She is solid and she prays through it with me and helps me keep my head on straight. My mom and my sister are the best thing ever. Hands down, the best family I have ever seen. Cannot wait to see them!
I am excited for the next couple days! I see my brother in Richmond, my girl in Tampa, my mom and sister in Orlando, and lots of cool friends from Gainesville in South Florida.
On that note, Sofla is my absolute least favorite place to play. It is like playing to packed house...if that house is a morgue. But if my friends are there, hopefully it will get loud and rowdy. I love the shows where it is on the edge of chaos. Too many crazy fans in a room that is way too small. That is the best kind of show!
Yeah, so I am out of black socks. This is a problem. I cannot stand to not wear socks. I cannot stand to wear dirty socks. I do not want to wear white socks because it looks tacky. I think that tomorrow, a Walmart will surrender its bathroom sink to laundry day for Stevie.
No comments:
Post a Comment