I had a milestone in my life: I had a Philly cheesesteak in downtown Philadelphia. It was everything I hoped it would be.
Our show there was okay. There were not as many people as we had hoped. It was a huge venue, but the promo material from the headlining band never made it to the venue. This is not unusual. Most venues use promo materials our label sends out, because they do not get anything from the headliner.
Overall, this tour has had to contend with college finals and now high school. We have had a lot of good shows, but there have definitely been some duds. It would be really good for us to jump on a big tour this summer and not one that we are just treading water with. That is in the works. Hopefully, that all comes through. A band is a small business that has its ups and downs. It is just a lot more fun than anything else you could be doing.
We went bowling the other night on our day off. It was great, but I had eaten at Outback and had fallen asleep for an hour before going (at midnight). Needless to say, I was not very awake. Then last night, the guys from the other band challenged us to another game. I let the other guys handle that. I did not care to spend the money or bowl...again. So I watched Talladega Nights in the van. Possibly one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.
Today, I woke up and realized I had not had good exercise the past couple days. So I did my normal workout beside the trailer in the Walmart parking lot. We were right next to a bus stop, so I got a lot of weird looks. I just waved. C'mon...LOTS of people bust out resistance bands, Perfect Pushups, and jumping jacks in a parking lot!
Now all I need is to make myself a soy mocha and I will be ready to start my day...at 2 pm! New Jersey tonight! We are expecting a great show!
No comments:
Post a Comment