Thursday, May 20, 2010

5/20/2010

A day off at home. I am excited! I am sitting in a rest area on the FL Turnpike waiting for Joanna to pick me up and take me to Gainesville. We drove from Virginia to here last night after the show. 13 hours straight.

Last night in Richmond, VA was a lot of fun! The crowd was good, the venue was unique, and it was all located in a cool part of downtown. I also got to see my brother and Dan Schultz, an old friend of mine and incredible musician.

Dan is one of the few people that inspired me to explore crazy guitar stuff, to be educated about theory, to search for perfect tone (and how to hear it), and to play beyond what most guitarists are satisfied with. I got to hear some tracks he is working on and it was very impressive! I cannot wait to hear the rest of the album!

It was great to see my brother. He works in Washington, D.C. so we do not get to see each other much when I am not touring through close to where he is. It is always awesome to see him!

I am now picked up on my way home to see my new puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment