Friday, May 14, 2010

5/13/2010

No one snores quite like my boys in the band. It does not keep me awake. It is not terrible. It is kind of just the dull roar I fall asleep to every night.

It was a good night tonight! The venue was fun and we had a good time. We all played well and the crowd response was good. Our dressing room was trashed though because Norma Jean and Every Time I Die had played the night before.

We got a pretty sweet deal with a clothing company called Killbrand. I found a lot of cool shirts, hoodies, and bags that I liked. They give me the stuff I like, I wear it on stage, people from the crowd buy their merchandise. Pretty good deal for me and them!

*This is the part where I tell you I am sitting here playing a Gibson guitar with Ernie Ball strings and sipping on a Red Bull*

This morning, we got a rude awakening. Literally. We bunked down at 4 am in a Walmart parking lot. At 7 am, we were woken up by someone pounding on the outside of the van. We looked outside and saw a police car, so Ryan opened the window. The officer said staff at Walmart had called and reported a suspicious vehicle parked all night.

First off, we had only been asleep 3 hours. Second, what is suspicious about a shiny giant van and new trailer? We were parked with the semi trailers with all the lights on and the sunblockers in the windows. What do THINK we are doing?

He ended up running the tags on the van and trailer. He told us we needed to leave in a half hour. We just went to another parking lot across street.

Now I am sleepy and headed to bed. Talked to my mom, my sister, my brother, and Joanna today! Joanna and I had a great prayer time tonight. It is always wonderful when that girl calls with good news!

Day off and showers tomorrow. Cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment