Drive, set up, play, meet a hundred people, pack up, drive. Back in the routine and it feels good! It is almost 3 am and we are pulling into a Travel Center. I love these places. There is always really random stuff to look at and it is a good spot to sleep.
We woke up this morning and had a pretty intense bike ride, then a good workout session. We use the trailer ramp for incline pushups. The trailer hitch and resistance bands lends itself to all sorts of exercises, including my favorite: rowing.
The venue was good. It was clean at least. The venue provided us with pizza. I prefer buy-outs (where the venue gives each band member $10-15 for dinner instead of buying pizza), but I'm thankful for food either way!
We covered Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now" and I didn't have a slide so I used an IBC Root Beer bottle. The crowd loved it. Things like that are a little out of the ordinary make for a fun show. One guy took the bottle, put tape on it, and tracked down the whole band so we could all sign it. It is just fun to make a connection with the crowd, even if it is over a root beer bottle.
We are in Minnesota and it is COLD. Definitely not prepared for this. The other guys are more than me -- I forgot to even bring a jacket! We have a day off tomorrow and hotel. With as late as we drive, it is never worth it to get a hotel. We would only be there 4 or 5 hours before we had to check out. Jeremy says that from our hotel, he can hit Mall of America with a rock...throwing it left-handed. That is pretty close!
Tonight, my girl Joanna got locked out of her car. I was so thankful for technology. I was able to price out locksmiths, call them and get her taken care of all the way from Iowa. I miss her and my family and all my friends. But I am so thankful to get a chance to do this. There is not any job that could be better!
Now I am going to fall asleep listening to Jeremy try to convince Josh and Ryan that Sunny D is essentially the same thing as orange juice. This debate is getting heated!
Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment